Sunday, August 23, 2009

Weekly Winners : 16 - 22 August 2009

I love this time of the year ...

... when little buds burst into new growth ...


... with shiny new green leaves ...

.. and white flowering quince open ...



... and embrace the warm sunshine ...


... when flowers start blooming like the brilliant orange 'Black Eyed Susan' ...

... the lilacs of the viola, complete with tiny insect ...


... the blues of the Vinca (Periwinkle) ...

... more lilacs of the dainty Primulas....

... and oranges and yellows of the Clivia ...




... and white agapanthus - new in my garden this year! Used to have several whites in the garden but they've died off over the years ... decided it was time for another ...

No more flowers today .. just biscuits for the boys ...


... yumm ... fresh ... melt in your mouth ..... mmm ....mmm ....

For more Weekly Winners visit Lotus at sarcasticmom.com

8 comments:

  1. Okay. I'm packing my bags, and I'm moving to South Africa. You've got Spring knocking on your door, and you made me VERY jealous!!! LOL!
    I enjoyed these Avril, as I always do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Mom! None of my things are flowering yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spring is in the air, eh? Most beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay spring is in the air here too!!!! Love your photos. Your biscuits look soooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Spring as well...new life!!

    I noticed here in Germany we have signs of Autumn, love that time as well...thankfully will be able to enjoy a bit of it when I return on the 10th October before Winter arrives in all its glory...Dark, cold, miserable days lying ahead for me.

    Those biscuits look yummy, havent had my breakfast yet and if those biscuits were here with me I sure would have had a few with my coffee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats it. You are actually inspiring me to go out and find some signs of spring to photograph.

    ReplyDelete