Sunday, August 16, 2009

Weekly Winners : 9 - 15 August

They say .... the key to a man's heart ...



.. is through his stomach .... will apple pie do?


So what was I doing looking up skirts !!!!!!

.... of the Chinese clay warrior replica in the Kong Roast restaurant ...


... ha ha .. laughs Bryan ... caught you!!


Ok .. ok .. let's stick to the finer things in life ...

... for example .... my granny's crystal decanter ...


... with it's crystal prismatic stopper ...


... and a single camelia in a crystal glass ...


... does a string of pearl look-a-likes-on-a-chocolate-cake count as finer things in life? .....


.. mmm .. back to food ...(!) .. but there is a dainty azalea ...


... on the cake ablaze with birthday candles!!


.. and what could be finer/nicer/better than deep-slow-breathing-in of the fragrance of spring flowers such as the jasmine, pink with buds about burst ...

... and the teeny tiny garden violets ...


... and the bright happy faces of the violas ...


... the deep salmon pink of the flowering quince ...

...and the pristine whites of the azalea ...


No littlies ('cos they've been away on holiday) .. .. and no Wine-of-the-Week ('coz I've been drinking one I've featured before ...
.. so will end with our youngest daughter who was born 23 years ago on 11 August

For more Weekly Winners visit Lotus at sarcasticmom.com


7 comments:

  1. Nice shots - I really like the one of the flower on the cake - lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'pearls' on chocolate cake is definitely one of the finer things in life. Ymmm.

    My daughter turned 20 on Aug. 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos this week Mom :) I'm so jealous of the flowers in your garden, I really need to make a plan to get to the nursery

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just made me very jealous. You've got Spring ahead of you!! All the beautiful little signs of Spring I love so much are coming your way, while we are going to have to witness how all that Summer beauty will start to wither and die. Eww.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE your pictures this week, and the one of the keys is my absolute favorite one! Something about big keys always intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the first couple pics...defintely true! My hubs favorites are my apple pies and cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post as usual Avril - Love the pictures ALL of them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photo's here Avril
    I havent picked up my camera in ages, well it feels like that...I need some inspiration - hopefully my visit to CT with the family soon will inspire me again.

    ReplyDelete