Monday, October 26, 2009

Disintegrated before our eyes !

She loved it !! We were pleased!!! But it started disintegrating while Elaine was wearing it yesterday !!! Is this some kind of a joke, she asked !!!


I am very fussy when it comes to buying clothes ... I check everything .. the stitching, the quality, the hem ..... so this also was given 'the once over' while in the shop in Dublin - Carrolls ...
perfect ! ... Elaine would like it .. and she does !!

But she put it on the first time yesterday and within an hour or so I noticed a hole under her arm ... how could I have missed THAT ! It looked easy to stitch together .. under the arm .. no-one will see it ... a little while later I noticed more holes .. and more !!!

... then it started on the other sleeve .. which I had scrutinized once I spotted the first hole .. it was clear .. not a sign of a hole ...
Now .. I can't 'pop over' to the shop and exchange it !!! Bryan suggested I write them an email with a photo attached ... not that it will do anything, but just to let them know that they sell 'disintegrating' T'shirts ! ... hence the photos !
It obviously has something to do with her deodorant and the fabric - she uses Dove aerosol deodorant - as I do. The fabric has a good quality feel... ! Never seen anything like this before !!
Carl and Lance - be warned ! You may also have disintegrating T'shirts from Ireland !

7 comments:

  1. Oh that's just freaky!! You should link your post to the shop in Ireland ;)
    Lance's shirt is perfect, not holey at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaah! That's very sad! And it's such a cool shirt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thats awful...I cant believe it happened so quickly as you would have noticed those holes back in Ireland...they huge!!
    So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanette - ok will link it. Done an email with photos attached

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nooo thats terrible!!!! Cool T/shirt though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry, but I just laughed out loud imagining her walking in town somewhere and suddenly having her whole shirt fall apart around her.

    ReplyDelete