Saturday, October 31, 2009

Wandering around the Victorian Walled Garden ...

... at Kylemore Abbey, Connemara, Co. Galway .... (will do a post on the Abbey as it's spectacular with breathtaking scenery .. sooooo watch this space!)

... we came across a pumpkin patch ... never seen one before !!! (Oh, I lead a sheltered life ...!)


... with big round orange -well, turning orange - pumpkins ... (we don't get pumpkins like this in South Africa - well if we do, I have never seen them) ...

.. just perfect for a Halloween face .. which I've also never ever seen before !!!!

I spotted this table of pumpkins .. one with a carved face .. yippeeee! .. I can now say I've seen one !! This was outside a small veggie/herb and all-sorts-of-things shop in Kew, outside London on our recent trip.
Happy Halloween to all those happy halloweeners .... (it's not a big, important event on our South African calendar) I suppose, one of the reasons, is the availability of pumpkins in the Southern Hemisphere. They're an autumn veggie and we are in late spring/summer now.


No comments:

Post a Comment