Saturday, November 28, 2009

A flurry of flowers ....

... but first a quince from the 'flowering quince' ... need to find out whether this fruit is edible ... it must be .. surely ? ...
Now for the flowers ...

My dear bloggie friends .... remember my dilemna about my hydrangeas before Spring ... when I wasn't sure whether to pull them out and start again as they are very very old ... nearly 30 years old to be exact !!!!!!!

Well, I didn't ... and they have flourished!!! I might add here ... the one in the middle is taller than I am !! .. and I am of average height ! I tried to get Bradley and Connor to stand in front of them but Connor wanted to carry on with our 'frog hunting' which we were occupied with ... that's why I had camera-in-hand .. to 'take photo of fwog, Grwanny' .... but we couldn't find one and the one that croaks when we are out of sight .. didn't croak when the boys were there !! - even though we whispered ... !!
The beautiful flowers change from their greenish-yellowish colour ...

.. to deep shades of blue .... I need to add the 'magic stuff' to change the colours to the deep bluey-purples ...


Also have a pink one which starts off also greenish-yellowish ....
... and changes ...

... and changes ...


.. until it's a soft pink ...

A little bit nibbled is this pink geranium ....

... and can't take photos in my garden without adding the Margaret Robert's lavender ...




... and now ... especially today ... have added the Sylvia Rose ....







... beautiful ... full of character ... just like my Mum (Sylvia)
This is my last entry for a week while I visit my Mum and family in the Cape ..
This is how I will always remember my Mum ... always had to pose for photos ... and always amongst flowers in gardens ..
For more Weekly Winners ... go to Lotus' sarcasticmom

8 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers Mom! Your hydrangeas are always amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you didn't take out those hydrangeas. Now I want some as well. As for the fruit. If the birds are eating them, they should be fine. But check them out any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at that...amazing, am so pleased you allowed them to stay as now they giving you so much joy and what beautiful colors. We called them Xmas flowers while growing up as they came out at Xmas time.
    Enjoy the time spent with your mom and Cape Town, blow Table Mountain a kiss from me.,...x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those hydrangeas are out of this world beautiful!

    May you enjoy wonderful days with your mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden is indeed florishing, the Hydrangers are enormously high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE hydrangeas!! Yours are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love Lavendula Margaret Roberts. Such a stunning and giving plant. I have a whole hedge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love hydrangeas, but I just have NO luck growing them! I'll have to get some hints from you. I am going to see my Mum this week-end too. I am looking forward to spending some time with her. Hope you enjoy your time with yours. Take care and keep those special memories! xx

    ReplyDelete